How to incorporate Bon Jovi into your daily life: WORKING OUT


OK, I'm sure most of you, as myself, have found different ways to incorporate Bon Jovi into your daily lives besides as just music playing in the background. Among other things (we can get to that in a later post), I have put my fave 4 guys to work by appointing them my personal trainers.

I excercise on a daily basis. Preferably I would like to run, but my knee injury has prevented me from doing that for a while so I turned to spinning and installed a bike in my bedroom so I could spin while watching TV. That wasn't enought, though, I needed something more.

Since I used to spin to music at the local gym before I got my ergonomic bike, I decided to turn to music so I just played my "Play all" playlist in shuffle mode and went with it, but quite couldn't get a real boost from it.

One day I thought about combining watching TV AND listening to music (jeez, talk about slow thinkin'!) so I played the Live at Wembley Bon Jovi DVD and bam! I was spinning like crrrrazy! I even increased my work-out time from 1 hour to 2! Now I pretty much watch every Bon Jovi live show and music video I can lay my hands on, I get soooooo energized I end up almost drunk on music and endorphines.

Spinning allows you to go at different rythms and use different resistances (when you are jogging it's difficult to run faster or at a different pace depending on the song, cause it messes with your breathing and rythm, at least that happens to me: if I get too high on a song I can be out of breath really fast and my endurance is reduced). Nonetheless, of course some songs are more suitable than others, and I have created my own ideal list of  Bon Jovi songs for the differents stages of the work-out. These are the songs I get more energy from in each stage, though I almost never follow this layout or playlist, I just let my personal trainers decide :p

Warm-up - Little resistance but high speed
- Last man standing
- Have a nice day (here you can add a little more resistance and move your arms as well). This one also works for the standing, standard resistance stage.
I don't usually need more than one or two songs to warm up (I get excited right away :D) But for the sake of it any song works OK for this stage
Sitting, speed stage
- The Radio saved my last tonight (I usually do some upper body work here as well)
- Burning for love
- Bounce
- Good guys don't always wear white
Sitting, high resistance
- Never say goodbye
- What do you got?
- Don't leave me tonight
Standing, standard to medium resistance
- Livin' on a prayer
- These Days
- In these arms
- Born to be my baby
- Bad medicine
This is what takes up most of my workout time, so usually and depending on my energy level I may do more songs, like One wild night, Someday I'll be Saturday night, In&Out of love, Prostitute
Standing, high resistance
- Dry County
- Blaze of glory
- Always
- This Ain't a Love song
- Alive
Cool down and stretch
- Wanted dead or alive
- Superman tonight (acoustic version)
- Lie to me
- Maybe Someday
- Most of Richie's songs: In it for love, You're not alone, Harlem rain, Made in America, etc...

Ideally, one wouldn't be singin' while excercising, but I just can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It's nice to have you around.
MCK