Nice Richie Interview

Loved it, it's sooo Richie, I can listen to his voice speaking those words in my mind.

Check it out here.

Here's an extract that tugs at my heart strings. I would definitely help him repair his houses. ANY.TIME.

On crafting his underrated solo albums, Stranger In This Town (1991) and Undiscovered Soul (1998)…
“For Stranger in this Town I wrote everything in this “stratospheric” [vocal] key for myself,” he told Guitar in 1998. “It was still good, but I felt that I sounded like an 18-year-old boy. For Undiscovered Soul I wanted to sound like me. I did more vocal training for Undiscovered Soul, made sure I sung a lot. Same with the songwriting. I wrote 30 songs to get to 12 on Undiscovered Soul. Songs are like houses: the more you live in them, the more they’ll tell you what makes you happy… and whether it needs a few repairs or a whole new roof. I have a few houses, so I know!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It's nice to have you around.
MCK